Sunday, March 8, 2015

#SOL15:: March 8, 2015


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
Join us for a month of writing!

Sunday Night Blues

Sunday nights are always difficult. As the weekend comes to an end, it's hard not think about what the next week has in store. Tonight, I feel is especially difficult. 

As I sit here trying to write my Slice of Life, I am really at a loss of words as to what to write about. I thought about writing about my kickball team's shut out game today. (Side note: We won 18-0.) I thought about writing about my cuddle sesh with my puppies this morning or accomplishment of finishing the write up of my Phase 1 of my action research. However, I have been staring at this blank screen for the past 30 minutes. 

I can't stop thinking about why I am having such a difficult time writing. And I think I can contribute it to my Sunday night blues. This weekend was full of unexpected adventures, which were all needed. Each adventure brought about something that was good for the soul. 

So even though I have the Sunday night blues, I know that means I had an awesome, relaxing weekend. 


6 comments:

  1. Weekends should be awesome, so life is good. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly pegged it right - Sunday night is tough. I have found myself creating all kinds of little rituals to save myself from Sunday night. I cook dinner early, I make sure there are no chores on Sunday, I save some really special little activity for Sunday night just so Monday doesn't loom so darkly on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the Sunday night blues! Thinking of what to write some days becomes a burden until the last minute when I have to type up something. And then I worry that it's not a good blog post, and who would want to read that? But I appreciate your honesty--it's refreshing! Thanks for posting! And great job at your kickball game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I share those blues with you, And now that my favorite TV show and usual Sunday night treat, Downton Abbey, is over, it makes them even harder. I'm not sure why. And that does put extra pressure on the blog post. But notice how many people you touched with your honesty. That's the point of this challenge, right? Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand the Sunday night blues. In fact, one of my students wrote about a very similar thing tonight. I shared with her that she's not alone in feeling it. It's not something reserved just for students. Thanks so much for sharing today!

    (I don't really use my Google profile, but the Name/URL option wasn't available - http://www.amandacornwell.edublogs.org)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn weekends have to end!!! Hope your Monday was wonderful....

    ReplyDelete