Friday, March 6, 2015

#SOL15:: March 6, 2015


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers. 
Join us for a month of writing!

Listen. 

In the hustle and bustle of the day, it is so easy to just keep going. However, once in a while, you need to just stop and listen. 

I was reminded yesterday of this. It seems as if the entire Midwest and East Coast is under snow. I have family and friends who are enduring the subarctic temperatures. 

Yesterday, I called my father to see how he was handling it. And I was surprised by his response. 

I told me that he was actually enjoying it. 

The snow had pretty much shut down the city of Philadelphia, where he lives. They went out to play in the snow and noticed how quiet and empty it was. In a city of so much noise, it was quieted. It was silenced. It was calmed. And he had to listen

That last line really got to me for some reason. Today, I needed to stop and listen. So much of the time, I am always waiting to move onto the next task or goal. However, today I continually had the feeling to just stop and listen. 

So, I did

Remember that every once in a while, we need to just stop and listen


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes doing the simple is quite complex. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learn so much more when we stop and listen. Too often people feel the need to occupy the space/air with noise. I think we all can benefit from listening more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reminder! I wonder what I missed today at school, in my kids voices, and one their faces, by not listening? I wonder if my colleagues were trying to say something more. This is convicting.

    ReplyDelete