Tuesday, March 3, 2015

#SOL15:: March 3, 2015

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers. 
Join us for a month of writing!

I went to the Barre after work. 

Now, I know what you are thinking. A.) This girl does not know how to spell "bar." or B.) She must have had a rough day and needed a drink.

Well... 

Neither of those are true. I went to a workout class called barre. My #workwifey turned me onto these workout classes about four months ago. And I absolutely love them. 

Today, though I want to share with you about my workout that I had today. Report cards and parent teacher conferences are approaching at the speed of light... well that is what it seems like. To be honest, I feel like I just completed report cards. I am feeling like my mind is not with the time of the year. So naturally, I have been starting to feel the pressure to get all my grading done and to start working on my report cards. 

Tonight, I had to force myself to go. I really just wanted to head home and have a glass of wine... oh.. and grade of course. However, I knew that if I went I would not regret it. I was right. Tonight, I felt stronger than I have the past couple of workouts. Not only that, but it was so good for my mind and soul. 

At Pure Barre, their motto is "Tone. Lift. Burn." While I was definitely toning, lifting, and burning my muscles, tonight that was not the only thing. 



Tonight, I toned my mind to think positively of all the stress in my life. For example, even though I may be stressed about report cards and conferences, it means that I have a great job and that I really care about my students. 

Tonight, I also lifted my spirits. It is so easy to get boggled down by all the things on my to-do list. However, tonight's workout really made me focus on one movement at a time. As most woman do, I have a million thoughts going on inside my head at any given time. Although, tonight it was just me and the barre

Tonight, I burned away all of the negative thoughts. As I previously mentioned, I felt stronger than I had felt in a couple of weeks. I was able to burn away the thoughts about not being good enough and show myself that I am stronger than I have ever been. 

Tonight, I went to the barre to not only tone, lift and burn my muscles, but also my mind and soul

The Chronicles of a Teacher (and Barre enthusiast)

6 comments:

  1. I've recently heard of Pure Barre from some of my friends and they absolutely love it! I love the outlook you had tonight. It sounds so refreshing and it reminded me that I need to force myself to take time out of my evenings to do something where I can tone, lift, and burn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there to LTB with you. I could use a workout right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you related the literal aspects of your Barre class to the more abstract aspects of your life. A little exercise goes a long way:) Your post is a great reminder of that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you related the literal aspects of your Barre class to the more abstract aspects of your life. A little exercise goes a long way:) Your post is a great reminder of that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exercise is so good for your mood and for focusing. I have been sick and cannot wait to be able to get back to my workouts. I do my best thinking while exercising. I am excited to try a barre class near me. A studio just opened up down the street. Yeah for toning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the word play and it sounds like this was just what you needed tonight. I love how you incorporated it not only in the physical sense of exercise, but that you mentally taxed yourself in a positive way too! Great job!

    (I don't really use my Google profile, but didn't have the Name/URL option - www.amandacornwell.edublogs.org)

    ReplyDelete