Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#SOL15:: March 25, 2015

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge

hosted at the Two Writing Teachers. 
Join us for a month of writing!


Rain

Rain, Rain, Please stay. Coming from Southern California, we don't get a lot of rain. Not nearly as much as we need. However, today, during my visit in Philadelphia, it began to rain. Of course, everyone got out their umbrellas and sighed. However, I did not. 

Once again, I enjoyed what seemed to be unpleasant weather. I enjoyed the smell of clean air. I enjoyed the raindrops falling on my jacket. I enjoyed my attempts to miss the puddles. I enjoyed the grey skies. I enjoyed the rain. 

Most of my friends and family on the East Coast envy the continual sunshine that San Diego offers. However, after a while, I want and crave something different. I spoke with my mom this morning and she said it was to be in the high 80s the next couple of days. While this sounds wonderful, I could not help, but soak up all the rain this afternoon. 

I love the feeling of wanting to cozy up in a blanket and take nap. I love the feeling that rain brings to drink a warm cup of coffee or tea. I love that it pushes me to read a book. I love that is makes people want to stay in and interact with each other. 

So once again, my East Coast friends and family, I know you are sick of this weather and want sun. However, I LOVED it!

The grass is always greener on the other side... right?!

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I have a friend who LOVES gray and cold days much better than the sunny ones. I know what you mean about the smell of rain and the fresh air, but we've had such a rough winter on the East Coast, we are all longing for some warm sunshine. I love the look of your blog by the way- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that you do appreciate rain...especially when so much of California is in a drought. I am glad you were able to experience the rain. Strange, my post today was about the beauty of winter but still yearning for spring. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely greener on the other side if they get rain! As a current Seattleite - I appreciate your perspective...even if I don't understand it. Fun take on an "opposite" perspective!

    ReplyDelete