Monday, March 23, 2015

#SOL15:: March 23, 2015


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge

hosted at the Two Writing Teachers. 
Join us for a month of writing!

Date with Dad!

One of my favorite things about visiting my dad is our daddy-daughter dates! Today, I dragged my dad along to the Constitution Center. As we all know, I am a huge history buff and absolutely love visiting Independence Hall every time I come... rain, snow, or sun. I love all the history there is in Philadelphia. So true to form, I chose for us to go to the Constitution Center. 



We toured an exhibit that featured all of the Kennedy's photos that were taken by their photographer. It was amazing to see the transformation that Kennedy made in elections. He really knew role that photography played in his image. Not to mention, I just loved seeing Jackie's fashion and Caroline's sweet face. 




We got to see and examine the ORIGINAL Bill of Rights. I was was in heaven. I got to see John Adams' original signature. It was amazing! It was cool! It was fantastic! Words can't describe it!


After our two and half hour exploration of the Constitution Center, we went and got some Philly Cheese Steaks! Can you say delicious?! My dad and I are both proud foodies.

Needless to say, it was a great, well needed date with my dad. I may be 26, but I am never too old for a good old date with him. 

5 comments:

  1. I love daddy/daughter dates! Your post is also making me miss Philly. My husband and I moved to Chicago two years ago. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you and your dad! I enjoy spending time with my dad! It's special that you created a unique memory with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NOTHING like spending time with your daddy. I am happy that you had the opportunity to create this memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband does this with our daughters. I so hope it continues as they grow up too. Thank you for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time was had by both of you! Is he a history buff too?

    ReplyDelete