Monday, March 2, 2015

#SOL15:: March 2, 2015


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
Join us for a month of writing!

Believe



I believe in smiling everyday. 

I believe in making your bed.

I believe in laughing

I believe that minions are the best animated character. 

I believe that teaching is the best job in the WHOLE world. 

I believe that pink is the best color. 

I believe reading is good for the soul. 

I believe barre workouts make my calves hurt.

I believe that Chili and Daisy are the best teacher's pets. 

 I believe that every door that has opened or closed for a reason. 

I believe that some of the best days are ones when you have no plans

I believe turtle brownies are the best dessert... well and Magnolia Bakery's banana bread pudding.

I believe that I would not be where I am without the support of my family

I believe I have the absolute best friends. 

I believe that I work at a one of a kind school. 

I believe that every student of mine is going to be someone great in their own light

I believe that this writing challenge was the best decision I have made in a while!

I believe in myself.  


20 comments:

  1. I believe this is a great slice! It's a great way to share who you are. Your pups are adorable, and I agree with so many of your beliefs. Have a great month of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this format for a slice. So creative and so telling - thank you. I might have to borrow it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the format you chose. It's powerful. Some of it is deep and some of it is just playful. A nice mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to make it fun, but deep at the same time!

      Delete
  4. I loved this! I have pinned it to my Slice of Life mentor text board. I hope you don't mind if I come back and borrow the structure later this month. Like you, I am quite sure teaching is the best job in the whole world. Turtle brownies are good, but cheesecake is likely the best dessert. ;o)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! Cheesecake is pretty good too! I am a total sweets person!

      Delete
  5. I believe in you too, work wifey! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the format of your slice. Simple, yet so informative about who you are, what you value, and what you believe in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that I love this Slice so much I'd like to use it for a "Be Inspired" post later this month when I host the challenge! If that is okay with you, please email me at dmurphy[at]msd143.org and let me know!

    Also, I believe in making your bed, too! My friends make fun of me constantly for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, it is okay! :)

      In order to do any work, my bed has to be made or else I feel unorganized.

      Delete
  8. I believe in the power of those closed doors too. Powerful line. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe minions are the best too! They always can put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you feel the same way about minions! I have a whole bunch of pictures of them in my classroom! :)

      Delete
  10. I believe I love the Magnolia Bakery's cupcakes! Loved this list poem and sneeking a peek into all you believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the few who understand my love of Magnolia Bakery!

      Delete
  11. Good for you. Positive thinking is motivating you to be a better you and impacts your students' lives.

    ReplyDelete