Thursday, March 12, 2015

#SOL15:: March 12, 2015

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers. 
Join us for a month of writing!


A Response to My Work Wifey's Letter

Yesterday, my work wifey, Jasmine Marie, wrote a letter to me. Here is my response. 

Dear Jimmy Fallon to my JT, 

There are not enough words to express how thankful I am that I am able to call you my teaching partner, work wifey, best friend, and mentor. Two and half years ago, we were brought together for a reason or two. During this time, we have grown from acquaintances to best friends. 

You are always there to calm me down when I am about to explode. You are always there to laugh with/at my questionable moments, such as falling off of treadmills. You are always there to tell me when I am right or wrong. You are always there to make me laugh when I have the blues. You are always there to eat chocolate with me. You are always there to talk about reading. You are always there to tell me that boys will mature someday. You are always there to encourage me to go to PureBarre. Most importantly, you are always there when I need you. 

I have learned so much from you as a teacher and as a woman. I have learned that not every day is going to be the best, but that you can always make the best out of each day. I have learned how to spread the love of reading through book talks as you have done with me and our students. I have learned that post-its and Pentel pens are a teacher's best friend. Most importantly, I have learned that it is important to continually grow as a teacher and a person just like you have. 

I cherish all the memories that we have and will continue to have together. I love that our students see us as one big family as well. I love that they see as true friends and true teaching partners. I love that they think we can communicate telepathically. Most importantly, I love that I share my students with you. 

Thank you for always being there, even through some of the tough moments. Thank you for encouraging me to be stronger each day, even when I didn't want to be. Thank you for being patient with me, even when I am hyper from sugar or coffee. Thank you for welcoming me into your family. 



Most of all, thank you for being the best work wifey EVER! You are the ko in #adventuresofkoandmo and the Jimmy Fallon to my JT. 

Love, 
Mo


1 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. I love you so much. Thank you for this. It really touched my heart.

    Xo,
    Jas

    #nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete