Monday, February 2, 2015

One Little Word:: Vitality

Photo Credit: @randomolive on Instagram

It has been a while since I have been able to post. I have finally chosen my word for 2015. It has been a difficult choice as I have put a lot of weight on this one word that I want to define my whole year. For the past week I have been "trying on" words. Just like clothes, I wanted to try on my word to see how I liked it. I tried on peace, joy, compassion, content, embrace, strength, choice, and believe. Each one I liked, but I didn't love.

I continued my search by looking in a thesaurus and I came across vitality. I said it aloud and I knew that this was going to be my word. Of course being the teacher that I am, I went to the dictionary to look up the definition... just to make sure. According to the Dictionary.com, vitality means the "power to live or grow." I want 2015 to be the year that I remind myself I have the
"power to live AND grow." 
Not only did I love the definition, but I also loved the synonyms, such as spunk, stamina, strength, bloom, drive, existence, life, guts, sparkle, and power. Who couldn't love this word?!

This year I want to have the power and strength to face every challenge and grow from it. I want to have spunk every day and to help everyone around me bloom. I want to continue to have the drive to reach my goals and sparkle every step along the way.

While January just ended, I can tell that this word fits this year perfectly. I have already had some challenges come my way, but I know that I have the power to live and grow from them.

One Little Word 2015:: Vitality


1 comments:

  1. You definitely have lots of spunk and add sparkle to my life each day. ;) #workwifey

    ReplyDelete