Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!

Hello 2015!

There is nothing like the start of a new year! Don't get me wrong... 2014 was by far my best year yet. However, the beginning of each year reminds us that we have another 365 days to grow to be our best selves yet. And I love it!

I am linking up with Jessica Tobin, over at Second Grade Nest, to share some of my resolutions and goals for 2015.





I would like to strengthen my writing program and would love to
attend Lucy Calkins' Writing Institute this summer! 

Writer's Club
If you can't tell, I am obsessed with Lucy Calkins! One of her recommendations is for teachers to have the opportunity to discuss and collaborate across grade levels regarding writing. It is my goal to create a club at my school site that allows for this collaboration to occur over coffee and chai lattes! 

READ more!
It has been difficult to read books this past year! I will be done with my Master's in May and I know this will free me up to read more! I plan on finishing the last two books of the Harry Potter series as well as the last book of the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. 

Travel and travel! 
2014 was a great year full of traveling! I would like to continue my adventures in 2015. I already have a trip planned to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and am hoping to go to Thailand at sometime this year!
WORRY! 
I worry a lot! I really want to stop worrying and know that God has a plan. 

Completion of my Master's Degree
I have two more classes left and am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am beyond excited! 

I can't wait to read about everyone's resolutions and goals! Happy New Year and the best of luck in 2015! 

The Chronicles of a Teacher

1 comments:

  1. Great goals. Looking forward to sharing another year full of adventures with you!

    ReplyDelete